Friday, August 15, 2008

Horton Hears A Who


We saw this yesterday for the first time. It was the last free movie of the summer so I splurged and let the kids get popcorn and soda from the theater instead of taking in home made snacks. I was sick all day.I heard that this was an anti-homeschool movie. There is one line at the beggining where the "sour-kangaroo" who has been turned into a closed minded facist in the movie says thats why I pouch school but it didnt bother me that much. It was a bit all over the place first we should belive Horton because he is a persons a person...., but then there are scenes where all the kids are making up their own worlds on clovers and the kangaroo is anti-imagination. And the vulture is supposed to hurt Horton instead of just get rid of the clover, All of this led me to the conclusion that.. the beauty of Suess is a complex message in a simple book and it just should be streched so much. I didnt like Cat in the Hat and I thought this movie was just mediocre, some things should just stay on the page and in our heads.

1 comment:

kvetch said...

Yeah Tova i agreee....I didn't like Cat in the hat much either and I think Suess just needs to be read. Hope you feel better
Mom