Friday, August 21, 2009

Moving

After six months out of work Michael was offered a job that required moving. Thankfully the company paid. We took a couple trips to look for houses and picked out a beautiful one. With the help of my Mom we packed everything up in about a week and got ready to go. The day before the move we got a call saying the house had been sold. We went with our second choice, a house from the same landlord on the same block. I was very upset cause I was just in love with the first house and wanted to eventually buy it but... I have become settled with the house we got and am pretty happy with it. Sunday morning Mike and the movers loaded the truck while I ran errends and some ppl from the congregation helped clean up the yard and basement (the owner of the St Louis house was a freind from the congregation). We finally had loaded up around two and Michael and the boys left. I stayed to clean which would not have gotten done at all if my mother in law hadnt stuck around and helped- mostly she cleaned and I fed the baby. Around three Eliana, Nathaniel and I headed out. We made good time but got stuck on the road for a half an hour behind a horrible wreck. There was a truck and RV completely turned over, we arrived just after it happened before even the emergency vehicles arrived. Later, I made a wrong turn and went about 1/2 hour out of my way. By the time I got to the new house things should have been unloaded but... the movers never came. We had to get a hotel room and the next day we hired day labor and got moved in. Unpacking is going pretty slow with Michael putting in long days and me having a one month old but we are here in Illinois for good now (at least a year lol) we will see how we like it but we really dont want to move again

No comments: