Saturday, April 7, 2012

Haircuts





I wanted to take Eliana for a "girl's day" with my mom.  We went to the salon because I needed a cut and color and she decided that she wanted a cut.  She picked a picture with a haircut above the ears and spiked, I said no but I compromised at a jawline bob.  I wanted a very short cut that was longer in the front.  And red hair.  What can I say I wanted to be different.  BUT we wanted to save $ using a student.  Eliana's hair is adorable cause she looks cute any way her hair is but it is not what I told them to do at all and it took her a day or so to grow to like it.  My hair was longer than I wanted it and the instructor came by and added layers without asking me. They told me they could not do the color I wanted without bleaching it first and charging me double.  (the only reason I was mad about that is because I called and asked specifically if that was a possibility and was told no) So I picked a darker color.  I did not like the cut.  I wore it for a week and could not get used to it.  Today I went to a new salon to get it cut the length I wanted.  I ended up with really short hair, apparently the instructor had made it really choppy, not even layers so to get it back to all one length I had to cut a lot off.  But it is good now, shorter than I am used to but it should at least be easy to take care of.  Also, because it was students the haircut portion of the day took hours and hours and left no time for fun.  Lesson learned, next time we do girls day we will do something short and temporary like getting a manicure and leave time for shopping and lunch.  And although I have used student stylists before with success I will not go back to that school!

No comments: